A tutorial on an old-school favorite from childhood.
1. Wake at 7am on a Sunday. Get coffee made. Prepare a cross-country roadtrip snack for friends.
2. Measure out 5 c. of Rice Krispies cereal; set aside.
3. In a large pot, melt 1/4 c. butter. Add 4 c. marshmallows, keep stirring until well combined. Add a splash of vanilla extract. Remove from heat.
4. Pour in Rice Krispies and stir stir stir. When mixture has slightly cooled, add a big heap or two of dark chocolate M&M’s. Stir stir stir.
5. Pour mixture into a 13×9 baking sheet (or whatever sizes you have, pie tins and the like) lined with parchment or wax paper. Press into pan with a rubber spatula.
6. Let cool entirely or, if you live in the god-awful Northeast right now, stick these in the freezer for a few minutes so they actually harden without humidity keeping them in GMM (Gooey Mess Mode).
7. Turn pan upside down and peel off parchment paper. Cut into desired squares/shapes. Package for car transport. See friends off.
8. Happy trails! xx